A cracked or chipped windshield can happen to anyone and any vehicle, and when it does, it's important to get it replaced as soon as possible. However, some people may not know what to do after their windshield is replaced. While it may seem like there isn't much to do, there are some important steps to take to ensure that your new windshield lasts as long as possible. This post shares some tips on what to do after your vehicle's windshield is replaced.
1. Allow the adhesive to cure: Once the windshield has been replaced, it is of utmost importance to allow sufficient time for the adhesive to properly cure. It is crucial to heed the advice of the technician and abide by the recommended waiting period before operating the vehicle. This ensures optimal safety and performance. If you do need to drive the vehicle before the curing time is up, be sure to drive gently and avoid speed bumps or other jostling.
2. Remove any stickers or films: Often, technicians will place stickers or protective films on the new windshield. Be sure to remove these after the curing process is complete. If you're not sure which stickers or films to remove, ask the technician for guidance.
3. Clean the windshield: Once the curing process is complete, it's important to clean the new windshield. To clean the glass, opt for a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth. Chemicals may cause scratches and damage to the glass surface. It's also a good idea to avoid driving the vehicle through a car wash for a few days.
4. Inspect the installation: Take a close look at the installation and make sure that everything looks correct. Check for any gaps, leaks, or other issues and report them to the technician immediately. If you notice any problems later on, be sure to have them addressed right away to prevent further damage or safety issues.
5. Use caution when using windshield wipers: While it may be tempting to test out the new windshield wipers right away, it's important to be cautious. Make sure that the wiper blades are aligned properly and that they are not dragging or scratching the windshield. Wipe gently at first and avoid using them on a dry windshield.
A new windshield can make a big difference in the safety and appearance of your vehicle. To ensure that your new windshield lasts as long as possible, be sure to follow these tips after it's replaced. Remember to allow the adhesive to cure, remove any stickers or films, clean the glass properly, inspect the installation, and use caution when using windshield wipers. If you have any questions or concerns after the windshield replacement, be sure to contact the technician right away. By following these guidelines, you can enjoy a clear and safe view of the road ahead.